Re: [VHFcontesting] Setting up TE RF amp for use with a sequencer.

To: jim.k0mhc@earthlink.net, kc2tn@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Setting up TE RF amp for use with a sequencer.
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 22:33:56 +0000 (UTC)
Joe,

Just got off the phone with TE systems.  It was reccomended that I simply cut a
lead on the capacitor that has one lead on the center conductor of the RF
input.  This disables RF sensing so the PA will only turn on when pin 2 goes to
ground.  The pre amp is at risk if I happen to turn it on.  Easiest fix there
is safety wire to lock it down (off) or a strip of duct tape.

73
John
KM4KMU
On Sunday, December 15, 2019 James Froemke <jim.k0mhc@earthlink.net> wrote:
Don’t blow up the internal pre-amp accidentally.  The RF sense protects against
losing the hardwired PTT.