Re: [VHFcontesting] How to order

To: George Sintchak <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] How to order
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:19:38 -0800
My observations during the recent September and January VHF contests leave me
with the impression that a number of operators in my region are shifting at
least some of their focus on 50 MHz to FT8.   Given the performance I have seen
from FT8 and my experience running that mode from my home station with a self
imposed 25 watt power limit and a temporally installed 3 element yagi during
the January contest I can see why it is quite popular for many operators.

I did try to keep an eye on the band scope while running FT8 on 50.313 but
didn't see much activity on 50.125

73

Mark S

VE7AFZ