Re: [VHFcontesting] [PNWVHFS] FT8 frequencies for 2m and 70cm --tentativ

To: Steve Kavanagh <sjkavanagh1@yahoo.ca>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [PNWVHFS] FT8 frequencies for 2m and 70cm --tentative decision
From: James Worsham <w4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 16:01:35 -0400
Just to add another perspective.  I am glad to hear that there is that much
activity on 2m and 70cm where Steve is at but here (Georgia) those bands are
almost a waste land even during contests.  You could probably do FT8 on the
calling frequencies and no one would object!  I am all for any mode on any
frequency that creates interest and activity.  Now that I have said that, my
only comment is that 432.500 is too far away from the center of what little
activity there is here.  Something further down the band closer to the calling
frequency would be best for here.

73
Jim, W4KXY

Sent from my iPad