Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers in Contests

To: "W5PR" <w5prchuck@gmail.com>, "James Duffey" <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers in Contests
From: "R. Michael West" <k6nc@saciplaw.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 00:10:50 +0000
No, operating as a Rover doesn't change your call, but it does change your
status as a station.

So that when you work the same station twice on the same band, you had better
be in a different grid. Otherwise, the contact will not count.

Only Rover status allows you to do that, which is signified by "/R" and by
communicating that status to the other station.

Play the game otherwise, and you will lose.

K6NC (sometimes /R)