Re: [VHFcontesting] Let's make the contests do what they were supposed t

To: Bob K0NR - email list <list@k0nr.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Let's make the contests do what they were supposed to do
From: Tim Marek via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 20:26:42 +0000 (UTC)
Long ago I saw something on a race car trailer that applies today....
"Contained Here Inside Is Disease For Which There Is No Known Cure....
HORSEPOWER !!"
Change it to "CONTESTING" and it fully applies!
For me personally it all changed when the East Coast Clubs got together with
the league IN PRIVATE and had the original ROVER Rules changes to better suit
their needs, Not that of the Rovers....

VHF Contesting has been in a steady decline of activity ever since... The
League Is Run By HF Contesters Who Dabble On VHF, Mainly Just on 50 MHz and 144
MHz. They Didn't Give A Damn About The Rest Of Us Then... And Certainly They
Don't Give A Damn About Us Now....

There Is A Reason I Quit Roving, Activating Rare Grids, And Doing Mountaintop
Contesting.... If The League Don't Care About The Health Of It's Own Event...
Why Should I.... Over The Years I spent Thousands Of Dollars, Man Hours, and
Road Miles To Be Competitive From Some Very Rare Places (DN00, DN10, DM17,
DM18, DM19, DM27, DM28, DM29, Etc...) The Only Reason Those NV Grids Are Not
Some Of The Rarest FFMA Places Is Due To The Work of NW7O, W7TVF, W7KK, Myself,
And a few Others. I Chased The All Time ROVER Grid Total Of 20 Grids Activated
In A Single Contest and after Years Of Coming Close (17, 19, 18, 18, 19...) I
set a new Record of 21 by starting in the Hills Above Los Angeles (DM04) and
ending atop a Bluff over looking Bend Oregon (CN94)

I Still Argue "Return to The Original ROVER Rules"...   You Watch The
Participation Skyrocket As People Get Back On To Chase Those Crazy ROVER's...
73s from N. TX de Tim - K7XC - EM12ur... sk Everything should be made as simple
as possible, but no simpler…Albert Einstein