Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operating

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operating
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 13:07:51 -0600
I have an SDR receiver (Softrock VHF Ensemble II receiver) that I
leave displaying the beacon band on 6m. When beacons pop up, it's very
evident on the waterfall display. At least then I know there's some
sort of band opening and to where.

Modern technology amazes me. I never dreamed of some of this stuff 30
years ago. But it's great to have now!

73, Zack W9SZ