Re: [VHFcontesting] Announcements in VHF contesting and othertopics.....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Announcements in VHF contesting and othertopics.....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:43:50 -0500
Hello to all....Saying that I want to call CQ on the Internet and then stand by for calls on the radio is a TOTAL MISREPRESENTATION of the concept.....and of course George-K5TR knows that. He has raked me over the coals(twice) because my English was not precise enough. His English, in this case, is not only not precise, it is a complete fabrication....

I call CQ on the radio, just as we all do. But I want to be able to post on the Internet where I am calling CQ, so that others might find me. I will point out again, that an Announcement does not MAKE an contact. You have to actually do that yourself.....with your own radio.

George complimented me and my station, so I will return the favor. In the June 2010 contest, I thought that I had made the highest number of 6M contacts ever made in an ARRL contest at 1836. Later I found that George had made 1856 QSOs on 6M....this while working stuff on other bands too!! I was totally bummed out about losing the QSO record, but it just proves what a great operator he is.

73 Marshall K5QE