Re: [VHFcontesting] Loops

To: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Loops
From: Jack W6NF <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:24:24 -0500
On 9/19/2013 11:54 AM, Mike (KA5CVH) Urich wrote:
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Jack W6NF <vhfplus@gmail.com> wrote:
On 9/19/2013 10:48 AM, Bruce Herrick wrote:
The 6 and 2-meter loops worked fine on the aluminum version of the same tubes.

Mike wrote

And on 6 meters when using a FT-100 you definately had to put a 4
turn, 6" rf choke at the feed point.

I prefer one or two 31-mix clip-on toroids on 50MHz, when they are necessary. I've never had in instance where de-coupling the feed-line to one of my rover loops was necessary.

These clip-on toroids, in appropriate numbers, also work great with a variety of other antennas and frequencies.

--
Jack, W6NF/VE4
Shelley, K7MKL/VE4