[VHFcontesting] Loops

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Loops
From: Bruce Herrick <bdh@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:48:48 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I have roved successfully along the front range in CO, NE, and WY, as well as
here in Maine using KB6KQ loops.  I used single loops on 6 and 222, a pair on
2, and a pair on 432.  I was consistently told that my 100W on 432 was louder
than the 170W on 2 meters.

When I purchased the antennas, Norm, KB6KQ, told me to keep the 432 loops away
from metal.  For mobile, he recommended a wooden (which I used) or fiberglas
mast, and he strongly advised against mounting them on a tower leg.

Of course, YMMV, but it worked for me.

Bruce WW1M