Re: [VHFcontesting] Loops

To: Bruce Herrick <bdh@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Loops
From: Jack W6NF <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:13:27 -0500
On 9/19/2013 10:48 AM, Bruce Herrick wrote:

When I purchased the antennas, Norm, KB6KQ, told me to keep the 432 loops away
from metal.  For mobile, he recommended a wooden (which I used) or fiberglas
mast, and he strongly advised against mounting them on a tower leg.

Of course, YMMV, but it worked for me.

Bruce WW1M

I didn't know that but I never used Norm's 432 loops on anything except 1-3/4-inch O.D. fiberglass camo support tubes. The 6 and 2-meter loops worked fine on the aluminum version of the same tubes.

Maybe that explains the 1dbi gain 432 loop. :>)

Jack, W6NF/VE4