Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagiphobia, Confusion and Infusion

To: "Jack W6NF" <vhfplus@gmail.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagiphobia, Confusion and Infusion
From: "John Geiger" <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 01:47:58 -0000
If you stack 4 of those elements, and it is omnidirectional, then the gain has to come from somewhere. Where does it come from? It would probably compress the take off angle, but in terms of beamwidth gain relative to a Yagi, it couldn't have any.

It wouldn't allow you to null out noise coming from a specific direction, which can be useful also.

73 John AF5CC

---- Original Message ----- From: "Jack W6NF" <vhfplus@gmail.com>