Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagiphobia, Confusion and Infusion

To: <BEAMAR@aol.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagiphobia, Confusion and Infusion
From: "John Geiger" <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 00:00:34 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: <BEAMAR@aol.com>
This is a response to several posts. First off Yagis. There are some newer
people that seem to lean towards loops.

Why? What is the attraction of a loop over a yagi? Simple common sense should tell one that a larger antenna will perform better.

. On two occasions I tried to give one
of these guys a real 6M  antenna. He turned me down, >because he knew his
160M loop was a much better  antenna.

Yeah, we have on of those types here as well. He instructed me one morning at the club breakfast as to how a G5RV will outperform a SteppIR yagi. You just give up with those types.

John AF5CC