Re: [VHFcontesting] Roving / Portable

To: Steve Kavanagh <sjkavanagh1@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Roving / Portable
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:14:39 -0500
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Steve Kavanagh

> You could build a couple of Cheap Yagis on a single boom (2m at the back
> and 70 cm at the front

Mike wrote

Thanks Steve, that is something I hadn't considered.  Again, like I
said in the original post I have the Cushcraft A270-10S.  Its 5 el on
each band which for 144 that's OK but would like to get a little more
HP out on 432.

Since I am in the planning stages I am looking for other options and
ideas and getting it out in a discussion group seems the best.  Maybe
building Kent's yagi's might be the way to go for now.  And I agree
Marshall, PVC is IMHO superior to wood for the boom.

Oh and the gain on the KMA was about 11dBi on about a 12' boom.  Again
not great but respectable and you had three bands on one boom.  I
believe it was designed by KE3HT and KMA built it for him.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

"My cars all run on recycled dinosaurs"