Re: [VHFcontesting] VUCC and LoTW Update

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VUCC and LoTW Update
From: "Steve Norris" <w5ki@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:14:47 -0500
Les,

In my opinion, the ARRL will see a significant "upsurge" of LoTW use when they
finally add VUCC support (even in some rudimentary way) to LoTW.   That likely
means an "uptick in membership" also.

With the "mobility" of people in today's world, it is all to common to find
yourself "starting over on VUCC" due to a move.  That starting over is quite
expensive from the postage standpoint alone.  LoTW can, and will, save
operators a lot of money in acquiring grid confirmations in the future... when
the leagues gets it done.   Anyone wanting paper QSLs can continue to pursue
those too, but I believe most will find LoTW and VUCC a great "match".

Nope, I didn't do my part this time.  I will before the next  "vote" though.

Steve, W5KI

Message: 5