Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover rules and criticisms

To: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover rules and criticisms
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:29:45 -0700 (PDT)
Frank,

My eskip idea was brought up to your rule number #2, where after the first 100
QSOs you could only work rovers for 10% of the remaining QSOs.  I was saying
that during a good Es opening a rover could work 100 fixed stations, and after
that, they would be severely limited as to how many unique rovers they could
work.

If the current setup is broke (and I personally don't think it is) wouldn't a
better solution be that a rover could only work a specific call something like
20 times.  That would not punish a rover by having a large number of unique
rovers to work

73s John AA5JG