Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Activity and otherwise in June ARRL VHF

To: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Activity and otherwise in June ARRL VHF
From: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 09:43:59 -0400
 I should have been more clear.  I'm not decrying W6YLZ's effort.  Before
the contest, I heard from several sources that N6NB and the lunchbox crew
were going out.  Since it ended, two folks (one on this reflector and one in
the soapbox) claimed to have had independent contact with several members of
the group.  I am confused by the lack of logs from all but one of them as
the current evidence suggests that the circle group did in fact, go out.

That is why I posted the comment to your excellent analysis of the effects
of roving during the June contest.  You were concerned that the group's lack
of activity was a bad thing for the contest community and I was pointing out
that I don't think they sat it out.  That also does make W6YLZ's score make
sense.

That is the basis for my curiosity.  With the kind of effort that is put
into the pack, why only one log?  That's not an indictment, nor any jump to
a conclusion.  I'm genuinely interested and have an open mind on it.

Steve
K4GUN/R