Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Activity and otherwise in June ARRL VHF

To: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Activity and otherwise in June ARRL VHF
From: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:45:08 -0400
Good write up.  The only thing I would comment upon at this time is the lack
of logs from the "usual suspects" in CA.  One regular member of that group
did submit a log as a Limited Rover with a score of 105000.  A score like
that is absolutely impossible without coordinated activity.  KO4MA and his
22 grid rove managed an impressive 64K score for 2nd place.  That leads me
to believe there was a grid circling effort, but for some reason, the rest
of the members did not submit logs.  I would be very curious to find out
why.

Besides having one Limited Rover with 105K points, there were also at least
two posts here on the reflector from others who claim to have made contact
with several members of the CA pack.  They were out there.  What they did, I
don't know.

If any members of the CA pack read this, would you mind e-mailing me.  If
you don't want to post on-list, I would still be quite curious as to what
happened.  This is sincere curiosity and not an attempt to start an
argument.

Steve
K4GUN/R
"un"limited rover