Re: [VHFcontesting] Jun VHF prep comments wanted

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Jun VHF prep comments wanted
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:18:02 -0500
I have a couple preamps to fix/replace. Seems my 903 and possibly 1296
preamps have gone bad.

I got some Filtronics LPD750's at a hamfest. I copied the Filtronics circuit
board patterns recommended for these preamps. Modeling them on Ansoft
Designer, and using the noise parameters supplied by Filtronics, it predicts
20 dB gain and approx. 0.4 dB NF for each band. Probably won't get quite
that in practice, but I'll just have to get them done and see how they look.
Other than that all I need to do is pack everything into the car on that
Saturday and head for the hill. I hope the weather cooperates this year.

73, Zack W9SZ