Re: [VHFcontesting] Jun VHF prep comments wanted

To: "'Rick R'" <rick1ds@hotmail.com>, "'vhf contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Jun VHF prep comments wanted
From: "Chet, N8RA" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:54:29 -0400
Doin' what I can to get ready, but I have a busy schedule between now and
contest time, so the list of what I won't get done is much longer than the
"done" list so far.

1- Borrowed a TS-2000 to devote to 6M- so now I can keep the FT-897 wired
for 70cm.

2- There is only one low loss feedline going to the 2M and 70cm antennas.
To allow sharing, a coax relay has been installed in an outdoor NEMA box up
on the tower end, with another coax relay at the shack end. The tower
control wiring is 6vac which I supply from a small class II transformer. A
switch at the operating position selects which band is connected, plus it
lights a low-tech light bulb on the operating desk to remind me which band
is connected. If time permits, I will take some RF loss measurements on this
arrangement.

73
Chet, N8RA