Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m halo on a rover question

To: "Alex" <kr1st@amsat.org>, "'VHF Contesting Reflector'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m halo on a rover question
From: "Bill W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 11:31:29 -0600
It could be a disaster if you mounted the loop directly above (and close to)
the
roof. However, if you mount the loop off the rear deck of the car (so most of
the loop is actually over ground, not the car), it will work better, and will
even show some directivity to the rear. This from actual experimentation done
by
a friend of mine with an M2 HO 6m loop mounted in different positions on his
small SUV. I would think you could also mount it on the front of the car and
get
good results as well.

Since this is second-hand wisdom (I've never had a 6m loop), take it with a
grain of salt. Perhaps others have had different experiences.

Bill W5WVO