Re: [VHFcontesting] Questions on making a valid contest QSO.

To: <w4wa@windstream.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Questions on making a valid contest QSO.
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 23:30:29 -0400
I do.  It is my understanding that a valid contest or award Q requires you
to hear the other stations call and another piece of information (usually
the grid square on VHF or signal report on HF).  Even if you have been
calling CQ for 10 minutes when another station calls you need to respond
with your call and grid for the Q to be valid.  That having been said, I
know that isn't the norm especially on HF.  Many times the station calling
CQ will respond with just the grid or signal report so they can maximize the
rate.  That has never seemed right to me when I look at the definition of a
valid Q.

73
Jim, W4KXY