Re: [VHFcontesting] Questions on making a valid contest QSO.

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Questions on making a valid contest QSO.
From: Tom Carney <tomc@carneysugai.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:19:02 -0800
I operate as a rover and am the CQ station 90% of the time.  So I've almost
aways given my call.  Unless I know the calling station, I respond with the
call phonically.  That's it insure I've got the call correctly.  After the
initial call I may or may not give my call.  Usually do but not always.

I'd say well over half of the stations calling me do not give my call, just
their's.

So there are definitely a lot that go like this:

me:  QRZ
calling station: K6qwe
me K6QWE CM86
calling: roger CM97
me: QSL,  QRZ

During HF contest, CQ stations frequently don't give their call for multiple
QSOs.

73,

K6EU aka K6EU/r