Re: [VHFcontesting] one stop (pass) grids

To: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] one stop (pass) grids
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:09:16 -0600
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 22:08, frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I do see the point of it stoping circlers.  But the better way to do this is
> to either engineer the rules to match the intent of the contest, change the
> intent of the contest to match the rules, or have the guts to review or judge
> people's actions to see if they are within the rules you laid out.

Mike wrote

I don't want to stop those teams, just get them into a "team" category
that fits their type of operating and not in the same category with
the traditional rover.

I lobbied the league for a change in the field day rules for the class
"F" station to give EOC's and other fixed EmCom / Disaster stations a
place to compete against one another and not all fixed stations.  The
league agreed.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com