[VHFcontesting] Category alignment [was: one stop (pass) grids]

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Category alignment [was: one stop (pass) grids]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 02:51:06 -0800 (PST)
To the questions you raised...

> From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>

> However it is not practical, fair (oh gosh I said fair, look
> out) nor good for stationary contestants.

In what way is it unfair to stationary contestants?

> If the point is to work as many people as possible why
> should I ignore someone if I am in a grid for a 5 minute leg
> of a road only to get there later at my desired local.

The point is *not* to work as many people as possible.  It *is* to align Rover
rules with that of all other classes of entry.  All other participants must
work as many people as possible from a single location within a Grid-4.

> But the better way to do this is to either engineer the rules
> to match the intent of the contest,

That is what the "three simple rules" intend to do.  The problem that I am
observing is that the "genie is out of the bottle" and there is a sense of
strategy entitlement at play.

Ev, W2EV