Re: [VHFcontesting] grid circling bashing, end it

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, Nathaniel Lee <n1bnc@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] grid circling bashing, end it
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 07:10:55 -0800 (PST)
No kidding.  How many people have actually given up roving or contesting
because of grid circling?  I know going into every contest that I am not going
to win, regardless of my category.  Should I then quit contesting???  I guess
so!  Whatever happened to contesting because it is fun, regardless of the
outcome?

We get back to what I originally said about open logs-it just gives more people
ammunition to go after those who don't contest the way some think they should.
I would guess that the grid circlers would work anyone else who called them
during a band opening as well as the circling partners, so they did work as
many stations as they could.

73s John AA5JG