[VHFcontesting] no sugar coating here-- make logs public

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] no sugar coating here-- make logs public
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:06:50 -0800
One could grid circle, team rove , whatever…. still be within the current set
of rules and should be able to post their log with pride.
To have a contest where the mechanics of a victory can not be displayed to all
is intelectually flawed. In fact such a contest should have its rewards removed
because the results can reasonably be questioned.
If such an activity is to have fun then the logs could be secret because its
non competitive.  Why am I a member of the ARRL paying for an award that I cant
see being earned?  One would think we should trust the sytem to fix it via
apointed people like the VUAC.  However in trying to solve the grid circling
issue the ARRL never gave any logs to the VUAC to look at.  How can they change
the mechanics of the contest without looking at the data that brings us to this
controvesy?  Well I think for the most part they assumed the controverial
antics were true. Some on the VUAC have said that they never imagined that the
callifornia group would or could do something like this. They assumed the group
would accept the comprimise of having their own category as gentlemen.  Well
gentlemen, we are not dealing with gentlemen in some cases.
This isn’t going to die this was brilliant! Now we will have those who proved
how they eaned their awards and those who don’t.  Those who are afraid of what
might be precieved and those who are not.
If it’s a finacial issue maybe a call for volenteers is in order to help the
ARRL.