[VHFcontesting] Why "Unlimited"

To: VHF contesting list <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Why "Unlimited"
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:06:39 +0000 (UTC)

Perhaps we need to be asking a different question here.  Its obvious that a LOT
of non-rovers and even a couple of rovers don't see why there is a problem.
For those of you who don't get the problem, do me a favor.  Ask yourself why
there exists an "Unlimited Rover" category.  Who should be in this group?  Why
was the category invented?  The VUAC seems to have spent a lot of time and
energy to come up with this category so there must be a good reason.  Tell me
what it is and then ask yourself how the circling group is contributing to this
new category.

This is not meant as a rude comment.  I like the idea of the UR group.  I think
it makes things interesting for all to have it.  I would like to see it really
catch on.  As of yet, its been largely ignored.

73

Steve

K4GUN/R