Re: [VHFcontesting] Compact VHF+ beams

To: kc8qvo@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Compact VHF+ beams
From: Tad Danley <tdanley@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:09:50 -0500
steve d wrote:
> I am curious as to what everyone here thinks along the lines of compact VHF+
> beams. I can't use the normal beams I have for VHF+ at the house because I
> can't put them outside and there isn't enough space to turn them in the
> attic.

I have Par Omniangle loops up for 6 and 2 now, and had them installed in
my attic at my previous home.  I have been very pleased with the
results.  Have also used the 432 version with good luck while operating
portable.  Par also makes a stressed Moxon beam for 6.
http://www.parelectronics.com/omnis.htm
http://www.parelectronics.com/stress_moxon.htm

Good luck and 73,

--