Re: [VHFcontesting] Getting rid of 6 meters

To: John Geiger <aa5jg@lcisp.com>, "Mike \(KA5CVH\) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>, VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Getting rid of 6 meters
From: Ellen Rugowski <ellenjoanne2003@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:14:35 -0700 (PDT)
Yup,

  I've known that since I first got on that band in college, in the 80s.  It
used to amaze me how I'd run into people I knew from VHF/UHF.   You can almost
think of 160 at times, as a wintertime VHF/UHF weak siganl operator's hangout.
Maybe it's because oftentimes, you have to use some of the same weak signal
operating techniqes on 160, that use on 50 MHz and above.

  73,
  Ellen - AF9J

John Geiger <aa5jg@lcisp.com> wrote:
  One does tend to run into quite a few VHF/UHF operators on 160 as well.

73s John AA5JG