Re: [VHFcontesting] Getting rid of 6 meters

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Getting rid of 6 meters
From: Dave Agsten <w4txs@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
>Mike wrote

Actually I thought he was talking about HF in general.  :-) <

Actually Mike, I hope the smile at the end means you are kidding. There are
many aspects of HF operation that require skill and learning too. For example,
160 Meter DXCC or racking up countries on CW on the lower 25 of 80 meters.
Although, you need an Extra ticket to work down there. Weak signal operations
on both the 160 and 80 meter bands can be just as demanding as on VHF+.

Based on the subject line, I thought this was about getting rid of 6 meters and
the statement about 6 being like the CB bands during e-skip openings. The
author of that statement, hopefully, was kidding too. Having never been on the
CB bands, I can't make a comparison but highly doubt what he says.

73,
Dave N8AG