Re: [VHFcontesting] Feedline Lengths for 1296 stacked array

To: <kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Feedline Lengths for 1296 stacked array
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 17:17:07 +0000
Kevin, Since the phasing lines in this situation are flat 50 ohms, they are not
impedance transformers and so do not need to be multiples of  any portion of a
wavelength, they just need to be the SAME electrical length. If you cut them
from the same roll of LMR400 (so you know the velocity of propagation is the
same in each cable) and measure very carefully to be the same PHYSICAL length
you will be fine.. Try to keep them withing an 1/8" or so of the same length..
You can make them as short as possible to reach from the antennas to the power
divider to keep the loss at a minimum..

bill, k1dy