[VHFcontesting] Feedline Lengths for 1296 stacked array

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Feedline Lengths for 1296 stacked array
From: <kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:39:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Folks,

  I am just about finished my 1296 2x24 ele stacked array. This is the antenna
from the Aug 2006 QST by W6PQL. But I am in need of the Length of feedline from
the antennas to the power divider. Am I correct that it has to be either a
multiple of 1/4 or 1/2 wavelength? Any help would be appreciated. This is the
last part of the puzzle er array that I need to workout. I will be using
LMR-400 from the antennas to the PD, then a length of 1/2 Superflex to 7/8
hardline.

  And one question, I have attached the booms to the vertical supports of the
H-frame with a ss pipe clamp. Does it really matter where I place the clamp
screw, on top of the boom or is it ok to be on the side of the boom
perpendicular to elements? I'm thinking the top of the boom but its a bitch to
get it set up properly.

  Thanks for the help and I will see you during the contest!

  73,

  Kevin NZ1I FN41aj

  50, 2, 222, 432, and ?1296( for the 1st time)!