Re: [VHFcontesting] inverters

To: Joe Serocki <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] inverters
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:41:44 -0500 (CDT)

There was an article in one of the ham magazines within the last decade on how to build a 12 VDC generator using an automobile alternator and a small engine (such as a lawn mower engine).

It looked like something that can easily be built from "junk" parts and would power a small station pretty easily. Probably very clean DC output but maybe noisy sound-wise. I haven't built it yet but might give it a try. It would definitely handle my QRP-portable operations.

73, Zack W9SZ