Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering

To: "Stephen Hicks, N5AC" <n5ac@n5ac.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:18:41 -0400
I agree with all of this, and we make the same kinds of decisions. If
I'm trying to work a guy up the bands and we lose each other or a pass
gets missed I'll move on the the next one and try and fill later. If
Xtof has a pass for me and I'm stacked up we'll give the op a time and
do our best to be there. But rovers work off a schedule, and we try
hard to stay on it the best we can.

But I've done the mountaintop multiop thing, and sat in the microwave
seat, and when a rover showed up and microwaves were busy we'd sked
him. I can't think of a situation where we would have told a rover
that we couldn't work him because we didn't need his grid! Maybe I'm
making too much of a fuss about some ops faux pas (did I say that with
my outside voice?) ..