Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:32:12 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Nate Duehr wrote:

> I think it's important that the list know this is no "ordinary" list
> troll.

[snip]

> Whoever this is, isn't a "nut" or typical troll on the Internet, this
> was a cold, calculated attack.
>
> "DL Daave" needs to grow up... and his anonymous Hotmail account needs
> to be tossed from this mailing list.
>
> In fact, I think it would be an appropriate requirement of this list to
> require real names and call signs on all postings, unless they're not a
> ham yet, and just interested in discussing contesting.  There's no need
> for anonymous posting here at all.

I really had to wonder about that.  The person starts out saying we need
to name names or give callsigns in the case of someone violating the rules
or being unsportsmanlike, goes off into this tirade and then does't give
HIS own identity. Sheesh!

> Just in case someone wants to hold it against me, I know four of the
> "cronies" listed on Mr. Anyonmous' e-mail, and even once met the
> supposedly-"evil" Dick WA2AAU once in passing at Dayton.
>
> I can attest that none of those four deserve to be anonymously attacked
> by a coward on the Internet.  No one does.  Especially not over a hobby.
>
> --
> Nate WY0X

I believe I have worked the MGEF gang on 6m but otherwise I am a little
out of their normal VHF+ range.  However, I have exchanged e-mails with a
few of the members and have met some of them and they all came across as
great guys, the type who would make you proud they are in the ham
community.  Brian WA1ZMS, in particular, has been of immense assistance to
me in the past on various microwave projects and has always been willing
to help. And he's done a lot that very few have done.  How many of you
have gear for bands above 76 GHz?

73, Zack W9SZ