[VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest rules and rovering
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:22:56 -0400
This past weekend while roving through New England we worked a multiop
station on 2M and asked to be passed to the microwaves (which would
have been an easy 5 minute run through 6 bands). The response we
received was disheartening .. "Let me check to see if we need your
grid".

I don't think I've seen any mention of the possibility of providing a
premium to fixed stations to contact rovers. There's really no
motivation with the current rules for a station to work rovers other
than if the rover is in a rare grid, and we can't always be in rare
grids! And it could snowball .. increasing motivation for fixed
stations to work rovers may increase the number of rovers which may
increase the number of rare grids activated, with benefits for all
concerned.

Just a passing thought .. de w1rt/john