Re: [VHFcontesting] contest plan.

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] contest plan.
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:18:45 -0600
On Aug 18, 2007, at 11:17 AM, frank bechdoldt wrote:

> Philisophically posting could be seen as spotting or self spotting
> in kind to the discussion of ARPS on the board here. However at
> home I can hee a call and look it up on QRZ.com to see where to aim
> the beam.

Some software even does this for the fixed stations.  Type in
callsign, beam starts to swing.  I'd be interested to know how many
stations do that, if any -- but they're not going to tell us.

We're just lowly rovers, not allowed to use such things.  Here to do
their bidding and make them points.  As long as we don't grid-circle
or pack-rove (to try to maximize OUR score), or only captively work
one of them (to maximize one of THEIR scores, but only ONE of them),
they're all happy.

We "serve" up grid squares at their pleasure.  Didn't you

> I sometimes post plans but usually break them anyway because of
> band conditions or road conditions or the discovery of activity in
> new places (portables or rovers).

Same here.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X