Re: [VHFcontesting] contest plan.

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] contest plan.
From: "frank bechdoldt" <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:17:46 -0700

Many people post thier plans here, there is no rule against it and welcome to roving and the reflector.

I have posted routes here before. Give yourself pleant of time at each location or just list an order of places your going to. Something always screws up the timeing anyway.

Philisophically posting could be seen as spotting or self spotting in kind to the discussion of ARPS on the board here. However at home I can hee a call and look it up on QRZ.com to see where to aim the beam. One could lok on DX clusters, which is against the rules but unenforcable. They shouyld be shut down during contests.... I digress.

The funny thing as a rover I get accustomed of where everyone lives and I turn the beam based on my knowlege of thier home qth and I remember whee to aim. Which is another form of self spotting. Digressing again.....

But the activity is fun and theres new people from time to time to keep you guessing. You will learn to know where and who the targets are and the fun thing may be to see how far away from then you can work them without going to a place you can work no-one.

I sometimes post plans but usually break them anyway because of band conditions or road conditions or the discovery of activity in new places (portables or rovers).

Anyway I'd be curious to see your plan in california. If they change the rover rules I'd go there and compete.

k3uhf