Re: [VHFcontesting] K3LFO Rover Upgrading

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K3LFO Rover Upgrading
From: jcplatt1@mmm.com
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:51:55 -0500
I second Steve's comments on the Toshiba 3456 solid state amp from PyroJoe.
My home/rover station using one with a DB6NT transverter.   You have to
mount it to an appropriate heat sink and there are some minor internal
adjustments as I recall, but all very straight forward with info both from
PyroJoe as well as on the Internet.  After the days of 200 mW, its fun to
see the current meter go up to 20 amps when you hit the PTT.

73, Jon
W0ZQ