Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF 6 m condx

To: "John Geiger" <aa5jg@lcisp.com>,"Ellen Rugowski" <ellenjoanne2003@sbcglobal.net>,"Zack Widup" <w9sz@prairienet.org>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF 6 m condx
From: "crawfish" <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:06:31 -0500
I well remember June, 1987. I was portable in EM65( rare in those days) just
south of Lewisburg, TN at 1220'( I resided at the time in flatland Alabama
EM64). I worked CT4KQ and many others with an FT620B and a pair of 6KV6's
about 70 watts out to a 5-el. beam lashed to my 1978 Dodge van. Antenna was
up about 20 feet. What a weekend!! I remember 1992 also. I had antennas on
the deck at 20 feet on 6 and 2. Worked VE5 and South Dakota on 2m Es. I had
moved to my present location at 1000' 2 years earlier. I have got to get
things going again!!

Joe W4AAB EM65lb