Re: [VHFcontesting] vhf/uhf activity

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] vhf/uhf activity
From: jcplatt1@mmm.com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:33:59 -0600
The recent thread on Tech's in VHF weak signal prompted me to take a look
at our own NLRS roster.    I also looked at the distribution of Extra,
Advanced, General, and Technician licenses in Minnesota (home for most NLRS
members).    Here's the distribution.

            NLRS    MN
Extra         55%       18%
Advanced      11% 12%
General       10% 20%
Tech          23% 50%

Based on this nonscientific look, we are weighted three times as high in
Extra's and half as high in Techs and Generals as the ham population at
large.  At the same time, almost 1/4 of our members are Techs with many of
these Tech licenses being very active members.

Not sure what this say's, but interesting to look at.    One thing that we
have found is that having an active 6m net and asking them to our local
club monthly breakfast is one good way to pull in those who are exploring
VHF for the first time.

73, Jon
W0ZQ