Re: [VHFcontesting] vhf/uhf activity

To: "'Zack Widup'" <w9sz@prairienet.org>,"'Lee Kemp'" <n5tiflk@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] vhf/uhf activity
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 02:14:05 -0500
My experience agrees with Zack's.  I checked the membership roles of the
Southeastern VHF Society one time.  Over 100 hams active on weak signal.
90% were extras.  Only a couple were Techs.  Most techs I know/meet do FM
and not much else.  Success at attempts to recruit them to weak signal has
been almost nil.  This is not a put down of techs just a statement of my
observation of the situation.  I don't think giving techs HF priveleges is
going to make much difference to us.  Those with the wherewithall and
interest will do VHF+ weak signal.  Those who don't will not.

73
Jim, W4KXY