[VHFcontesting] VE3HLS operating from EN95 in Contest

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VE3HLS operating from EN95 in Contest
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:54:38 -0400 (EDT)
I've been made an offer I can't refuse and my original
plans to rove through southern Ontario have been
tossed out the window!

Instead, I will be operating portable from a location
in EN95 for the entire contest, or at least up until
the last few hours.

VE3FIN, who recently moved to Parry Sound, Ontario has
offered to let me use his property to set up and
operate from.  Good news, he's quite anxious to get on
the air and do some weak signal work once he's
finished building his new house.  Hopefully, EN95 will
be less rare in the future.

The coords he gave me are 45 deg 20m N, 80 deg W.
Apparently, the 80th west meridian runs through his
property, which theoretically means I could shift the
base of my portable mast over a few feet and operate
from FN05 as well.  I guess that would make me a rover
instead of portable...fine.

I'll be on:
- 6m: 100w into a Moxon beam
- 2m: 50w into stacked PAR Omniangles
- 70cm:  100w into stacked 8-element quagis
All antennas will be up on a 30 ft mast.

E-mail me for skeds.

Good luck and good propagation this weekend!

73,

Ken Alexander, VE3HLS
www.ve3hls.com