[VHFcontesting] Captive rover not working you

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Captive rover not working you
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 07:28:15 -0700
I was lucky enough to have dinner with N7NG, manager of membership
services who manages the contest department.  I asked him about
the captive rovers not working you -- and he said that was illegal
per the rules.

Only problem is enforcement.

Really, about the only way to make this change is to keep the pressure
on the operations that support this kind of thing, and make sure they
understand how everyone feels about this type of behavior.

I consider it totally unsportsmen like - and if an operation needs
to do this to win - then that operation gets no respect from me.

Wayne seemed very receptive to idea of putting the grid circling rovers
into their own category - and even seemed to warm up to the idea of
that category being called checklog.

Now - everyone get on and hand out QSOs in the NAQP CW contest today.

Stupid time of the year for a contest... but I'll be there listening
to the QRN tonight.

Tree