Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling Problem

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling Problem
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 04:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
> We're trying to fix a problem here that only a few
> people are creating.

True, Zack...but (as is the case with so many of these
sorts of things) the behavior of a few seem to consume
the emotions of the many.  The choice that the radio
sporting sponsorship community has to deal with is
this: Shall the symptom (grid circling by pack rovers)
be treated or will the root cause (grids as
multipliers) be tackled?

We then further ask ourselves if we will allow our
personal circumstances affect how we answer the above
question or will we look at the issue from a broader
prospective?

Ultimately, exchanging political 'entities' (grids)
for physics (DX) will change the strategies of all
classes of operation but along the way, doing so will
more closely align radio sports with a radio sporting
event's intent (making contact with the most number of
different stations over the greatest distances
possible).  That is not a bad thing.

Kind regards,
Ev, W2EV