Re: [VHFcontesting] A quasi-history of roving

To: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A quasi-history of roving
From: "David Erickson" <erickson+vhf@mddsg.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:15:11 -0400 (EDT)
Jim,

The biggest problem we have for rover operations is that it usually takes
us 1-2 days to prep the vehicle for roving.  It's alot of work for setup
and tear down for just a few hours of operations.  As well as 4 hours
isn't enough time to actually go to another grid square and really work
enough contacts in that grid to make it seem worth it.

Until I can save up enough money to have a dedicated vehicle for roving
that will probably be the way it is for us.

I just wish the VHF Sweepstakes happened a few more times a year (every
month??).  Just a thought.

73,
Dave Erickson
W3DIO