[VHFcontesting] CW and squelching

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CW and squelching
From: K3uhf@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:16:40 EDT
As a rover I agree I do cross mode quite often. There are big stations trying
to make long hauls on cw as well as small stations trying to make big noise.
Just remember to move your vfo to offset for the tone of your cw or you may
not be heard by those who dont move thier vfos or have it set and only get out
of thier chair when they hear something.  Sometimes when parked at a new
location I start with CW to attract attention and break squelches. There are
people
who squelch in the contests.  They are often the guys handing out points.  I
have been told that people follow my calls after I break some guys squelch. The
trick is to remember the info and copy while driving.  I have even sent cw
while driving but I would not advise it, unless you use a relay via your horn.

k3uhf