Re: [VHFcontesting] Insights to Consider

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Insights to Consider
From: Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:51:22 -0400
I've received several very nice, polite notes explaining that the
numbers I posted don't paint the entire picture, and I'd like to say
that I agree!  That was part of the idea behind posting the summary -
that veteran VHF folks could somehow be represented by a given set of
numbers as inexperienced or inactive contesters.  I completely
understand and agree that those numbers are NOT an accurate picture of
VHF contesters, but that was part if the idea.  To demonstrate that
the numbers aren't everything.

I'd like to publicly thank the folks who took time out of their
schedule to fill me in on VHF contesting history.  It was great to
hear from you all, and I deeply appreciate the insights.  We need an
archivist to capture this stuff!

Very best regards,
  --buck KC2HIZ