Re: [VHFcontesting] Insights to Consider

To: "VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Insights to Consider
From: "Michael A. Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:38:06 -0500 (CDT)
> There is the Cushcraft A6270 triband yagi, but for 2
> and 70cm the elements go the wrong way (vertical).
> Cushcraft also makes a VHF/UHF log periodic, but like
> most log periodics, it suffers from crappy
> gain-something like 6dbi.

Mike wrote

I have written every major antenna mfg asking them to consider
manufacturing a multi-band V/UHF antenna.  Everyone considers this a dead
subject since they don't think that the market is there to support the
R&D.

I've considered the CC ASL670
http://www.cushcraft.com/images/product/amateur/asl670.jpg and the KMA
KMA4113 http://www.qsl.net/w4kma/images/kma4113.jpg for the house since
that's about the most I could add without gathering the rath of the HOA.

Mike Urich, KA5CVH
www.ka5cvh.com