[VHFcontesting] Re: Choice of Rover Vehicles

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Choice of Rover Vehicles
From: Marten T Beels <martentb@goshen.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:36:21 -0500
Well, I'm sure that it isn't what you're looking for, but for the topic of
Rover Vehicles, I thought that you might be interested in what we did with a
Ford Festiva.  I bet that there aren't too many rovers out there using that
vehicle!  We made enough room for our limited equipment by removing the front
seat and installing a book shelf there instead.  The windload was VERY
noticable, I found myself downshifting to 4th gear just to stay above 55mph.
And no, it doesn't have air :)

For a post contest report and pictures, check out:

http://www.jeffdeheer.com/rover
and
http://www.goshen.edu/~martentb (click on 'rover station' under 'misc')

Marten